German student visa process in India
Frequently asked questions :
Do Indian students need a German study VISA to do MS in Germany?
Regulations for entering Germany can vary depending on the country of origin. Citizens of EU, Island, Lichtenstein, Norway, Switzerland, Australia, Japan, Canada, Korea, Israel, New Zealand and the USA may enter Germany with a valid passport and do not require a VISA whereas the citizens of all other countries including India require a study VISA to enter Germany.
What are the points to be noted while applying for a German study VISA?
- You should instantly start to arrange your entry to Germany and submit your application as early as possible because India has lengthy and rigorous procedures for processing visas (Generally it takes 8-12 weeks). Indians must apply for a “National/Long Term VISA” (Student VISA) to enter Germany.
- Please make sure you are familiar with specific student-visa requirements on the website of the German embassy. Print out all forms and documents, and read them carefully.
- All questions of VISA application form have to be answered. Incomplete forms cannot be accepted. False statements or forged documents will also be rejected and reported to local authorities for further investigation.
- Proof of sufficient sources for living costs in Germany could be provided in different ways and the most common way is to show a student block account in Germany showing a minimum balance for the first twelve months. To open a student block account, there is a special account opening document that have to be filled and signed in the presence of the embassy authority.
How to apply for German student visa in India?
Step 1 : Visit the German official website for India.
Step 2 : Students from Karnataka and Kerala need to apply at the German consulate in Bangalore and students from Andhra Pradesh, Tamilnadu and Pondicherry need to apply for a student visa at the German consulate in Chennai.
Step 3: Select “VISA and consular services” from the column on the left hand side.
Step 4: Select “German National visas” and then select “student Visa”.
Step 5 : Commonly you’ll need the following documents to be presented at the German consulate :
Two set of,
1.German national Visa application form .
2. Declaration form.
3. Cover letter.
4. Copy of your IELTS score card.
5. Copy of your passport.
6. Undergraduate report card of all semesters, consolidated report card, degree certificate, school certificates.
7. German language certificates.
8. Blocked account opening form in German.
9. Blocked account opening form in English.
10. Blocked account with 8040 euros in German.
11. Blocked account with 8040 euros in English.
12. Work experience certificate.
Step 5: Follow all the steps displayed on the “student Visa” page.