WE OFFER COACHING CLASSES FOR TOEFL IN BANGALORE
WHAT IS TOEFL?
It is an English proficiency exam which estimates an individual’s ability and understanding in the language at university grade and measures the candidate’s overall efficiency in their listening skills ,reading skills, speaking skills and writing skills to do academic tasks.
Candidates who wish to demonstrate their proficiency in English Language take up this Exam .They would want to pursue their higher education in an English speaking country have to take up Toefl test which is one of the many criteria upon which students are given admissions into universities abroad.
By giving this test one can gain a scholarship and certification. Those who want to track their English language skills usually opt for this test which acts a major factor for survival in a foreign land. TOEFL exam builds up the communication skills of an individual in English Language which is very essential when a student wants to do his or her higher studies abroad.
The Exam is conducted in 2 formats which are as follow:
Internet Based Test. (TOEFL IBT )
Paper Based Test. ( TOEFL PBT)
The 4 Modules in TOEFL EXAM are:
- In the Reading section there are 3 or 4 passages from academic texts.
- In the Listening section the candidates listen to lectures, classroom discussions and conversations, and then answer the questions.
- In the Speaking section the students have to express an opinion on a familiar topic; speak based on reading and listening tasks.
- In the Writing section the candidates have to write an essay responses based on reading and listening tasks; support an opinion in writing.
- TOEFL Reading section has 36-56 Questions.
- TOEFL Listening section has 34-51 Questions.
- TOEFL Speaking section has 6 Tasks.
- TOEFL Writing section has 2 Tasks.
(*The TOEFL test that the candidates take up may include extra questions in the TOEFL Reading or TOEFL Listening section that do not count towards their score. These are for research purpose of ETS. Please read the timing instructions for the TOEFL Reading Section carefully. The instructions will indicate how many passages the candidates will receive and the amount of time they have to respond to the questions for those passages Thus they should be well versed with time so that they can answer all the questions. Every person taking test is recommended to practice typing on a QWERTY keyboard before taking the test.)
TOEFL Test has 4 Modules that the candidates have to prepare themselves for in the TOEFL paper Based Test ,which are as follows:
- Listening comprehension.
- Structure and written expression.
- Reading comprehension.
- Test of Written English. (TWE test).
- TOEFL Listening comprehension section is used to measure the ability to understand spoken English.
- TOEFL Structure and written expression section is used to measure the ability to recognize language appropriate for standard written English.
- TOEFL Reading comprehension section is used to measure the ability to understand non-technical reading material.
- The TOEFL Test of written English is used to measure the ability to write in English.
(*ETS also added native accents of United Kingdom, New Zealand, or Australia such that one can know about different accents while studying in abroad and to avoid few troubles.)